click image for larger view
My forty hour water fast ended today and I had an awesome raw food meal. I am telling you, the first meal you have after ending a water fast always tastes divine.
Usually I end my fasts with just fruit (e.g. mango), but this time I wanted a big bowl of salad. In preparation for this meal and those to come, I took a trip to the Grand Asia Market today and bought a lot of fresh produce and herbs.
The ingredients in this salad include the following:
- Purple Cabbage (finely shredded)
- Mung Bean Sprouts (chopped)
- 2 Persian Cucumbers (sliced and diced)
- 1 Tomato (sliced and diced)
- 1 Avocado (pitted and diced)
- Cilantro (finely chopped)
For seasoning, I took half an orange and squeezed the juice over the salad, then a dash of garlic salt, freshly ground peppercorn. And there you have it…goodness in a bowl!